Join the Chamber
Increase your business profile
*For Tourism Tofino members (included in Tourism memberships)
Increase your business connections
Increase your business capability
Money Saving Benefits through the BC Chamber of Commerce
The Tofino-Long Beach Chamber of Commerce exists to strengthen and grow your business, and to contribute to a positive business climate and community in Tofino.
We are committed to increasing your business’ profile, connections and capabilities, and to save you money through Chamber discounts.
Tourism Tofino, the Destination Marketing Organization for Tofino, is a division of the TLBCC. Representation with Tourism Tofino - in media, marketing, through Visitor’s Services and on the www.tourismtofino.com website - is available to tourism members of the Chamber.
How can we help?
- Free monthly e-blast to membership list (over 300 business contacts)
- Business listing on the newly revamped Chamber website www.TofinoChamber.org.
- Submit your news and events to be included in our monthly newsletter and social media channels by emailing us at: email@example.com.
- Social media connection and promotion to our over 1,000 connections
- Exclusive advertising opportunities on local TV network
- 2 for 1 print ads in the Westerly (for new members only, for first three months)
- Complimentary seat to monthly Chamber luncheons
- Member-only business referrals
- Attendance at Chamber events, including Mayor’s Breakfasts, Green Breakfasts, After 5 Professionals, and the new 12@12 lunch series
- Opportunities to host and/or sponsor a Chamber event
- Subscription to Chamber e-newsletter and e-blasts
- Free entry to all Chamber workshops and seminars (cost for non-members)
- Access to Chamber Learning Network business training
- Suggest areas of training and/or host a learning event
- Network and share business costs with other area businesses
- Your membership is an accepted business deduction (up to 100% tax deductible)
- Eligibility for Chamber Group Benefits Plan
- Reduced insurance costs, including a 25% discount for non-profits
- Exclusive pricing on payroll services
- Discounts on POS merchant services
- Gas, travel and office supplies discounts
- Exclusive courier rates
- Access to savings on Chamber Learning Network business training program
The Chamber helps build a positive business climate and community
· The Chamber represents your business at all levels of government, creating opportunities to
work together for positive change.
· We work to support job creation, employee attraction and retention, business growth and
retention, and local economic diversification.
· The Chamber spearheads the free Tofino Ambassador Program, a program aimed at training
front-line service staff.
· A complimentary membership to BC Chamber of Commerce.
· Use the electronic Chamber decal to display on your website to let your customers know your
business is part of the Chamber network (consumers are 29% more likely to think favourably of
your business if you’re a member, and 63% more likely to purchase from you when the time
· The Chamber organizes community events in Tofino, such as Jingle into Christmas and All
· By supporting the Chamber, you are helping us advance many community initiatives, including
attainable housing, liquid waste treatment, business walks, economic development,
transportation, higher education, community to community relationships, and more.
Your Chamber membership supports a healthy local economy.
· We keep you updated on business issues, including legislative updates.
· Tourism Tofino creates destination brand awareness and offers regional marketing
JOINING THE CHAMBER: tHE REAL VALUE
From a research study conducted by The Shapiro Group, which found that consumer perceptions of businesses involved with local chambers to be very positive:
- Consumers are more likely to view businesses involved with the local Chamber as more reputable, caring about customers more, trustworthy, more involved in the community and successful.
- 59% of most consumers think that being active in the local chamber is an effective business strategy.
- Impact of a local chamber membership on small business is more consistent and more powerful than for large national companies.
- Small business with local chamber membership have a 44% increase in consumer favorability ratings, 51% increase in consumer awareness, 57% increase in local reputation, and a 63% increase in the likelihood that consumers will return in the future.